#16 Wouter

Wouter

Senior Member +

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • My Device:M700

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

:offtopic: I have tried both the IBM J9 java and the Esmertec java with Opera Mini. Opera Mini under Esmertec is imho much faster than Opera Mini under J9. Moreover, Esmertec is easier to install.
:ontopic: Does the new version of Opera Mini store it's bookmarks and settings somewhere you can back it up to restore it later?
M700

#17 itm

itm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

:offtopic: I have tried both the IBM J9 java and the Esmertec java with Opera Mini. Opera Mini under Esmertec is imho much faster than Opera Mini under J9. Moreover, Esmertec is easier to install.
:ontopic: Does the new version of Opera Mini store it's bookmarks and settings somewhere you can back it up to restore it later?

I have a question for Esmertec users, as I'm using J9 and have the following problems with Opera Mini 4:
- Once OperaMini is running I can't switch to another application then return to OperaMini. I can see IBM MIDP tasks in the Running Programs List but I can't activate it.
- If using GPRS it won't automatically initiate a GPRS connection when I load OperaMini - I need to do this manually before starting OperaMini

Does the Esmertec implementation suffer from these same problems?

#18 spagy

spagy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

" - Once OperaMini is running I can't switch to another application then return to OperaMini. I can see IBM MIDP tasks in the Running Programs List but I can't activate it. "

No problem with switching apps with Esmertec.

and here's link for Esmertec for those who are struggling with Java managers as I was.

http://forum.xda-dev...mp;postcount=24

cheers for this topic.
s.

#19 spagy

spagy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

" - Once OperaMini is running I can't switch to another application then return to OperaMini. I can see IBM MIDP tasks in the Running Programs List but I can't activate it. "

and here's link for Esmertec for those who are struggling with Java managers as I was.

http://forum.xda-dev...mp;postcount=24

cheers for this topic.
s.

#20 itm

itm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

OK I just installed OperaMini4 on Esmertec but I don't see how you switch apps. Opera occupies the whole page, so I don't have access to the M700 Start Menu. If I hit the red phone hard button (bottom right) it tries to exit Opera. What's the trick to switch to another app and leave OperaMini open?

#21 spagy

spagy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

am using Spb pocket plus Switch program app - and got it assign to voice commander buton (as I do not use voice com) - and it works nice as Alt-Tab

#22 Wouter

Wouter

Senior Member +

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:38 AM

I've done practically the same. I installed this tiny free program called TaskSwitch. It works like Alt-Tab in normal desktop Windows. I assigned the program to the same voice recorder button, I don't use that one either. Now you can always switch between active programs, which comes in handy not only when using Opera Mini. You can download version 0.4 for pocketPC on that site.
M700

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users